cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX922 won't print from inside a program but test page ok

wooconley
Apprentice

HI

My MX 922 has stopped printing from inside any program from any computer. If I open the printer properties and send a test page it works fine. From any of my computers.

It was ok until a few days ago. The first symptom was printing a couple inches then shooting the rest of the page out as blANK.

I've tried a unplugging and plugging back in, removing the ink cartridges putting them back in combined with unplugging and plugging back in.  I've uninstalled the printer software, searched for updated drivers and installed any that popped up, etc.

I really liked this printer and would hate to replace it because newer printers seem inferior.

3 REPLIES 3

wooconley
Apprentice

Update: now it's printing half the test page and spitting out the rest blank.  Tried to reinstall again and the pc says printer not responding

Greetings,

What I didn't see mentioned in your post.  Have to done a standard or deep cleaning?  This might help. 

After that, if this behavior is happening from 2 or more computers, its safe to say the printer has a mechanical issue or has malfunctioned. 

Your options are service or replacement.

Canon Support:  1 (800) 652-2666

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hi wooconley,

If you have not performed a cleaning, please click HERE for the steps. Once the cleaning is done, you will be asked to print a nozzle check. You can click the blue link in step 11 to compare your nozzle check to a sample one.

We look forward to hearing back from you and to see how the nozzle check came out.

Announcements