cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX922 Prints But Wont Scan Wirelessly

graceajaen
Apprentice

My macbook is running on Mojave version 10.14.3.

I am able to print wirelessly, but it wont scan using any medium (the feeder, opening it up and placing the paper down, or using the scanner panel on my computer). The message reads "set the PC to start scanning."

I believe I got a new macbook while I already had the Canon MX922. I was able to scan when I first bought the printer, but not now. On the scanner homepage on the printer it shows PC "gracejaen" (my name) which I'm not sure if it's related to my old macbook or new. I think it might be still connected to my OLD macbook. But why can I still print from my NEW computer then, but not scan?

I've already deleted/reinstalled all drivers. And disconnected/reconnected WLAN settings. It is connected to my wireless network.

So what's the deal? I've read many forums related to this question, without any positive solutions.

3 REPLIES 3

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi graceajaen,

Are you able to scan from the computer using IJ Scan Utility? When you open IJ Scan Utility, you will want to make sure the printer is listed as MX920 series network.

If you are able to make a scan, I recommend going into the settings of IJ Scan Utility and make sure the printer is set to scan from the operation panel. Please click HERE for the steps.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

SUCCESS! Thank you Arthur.

The probelm was that the series with the word "network" at the end was not selected. That fixed the problem.

I appreciate your help

Grace

However,

I still can't scan from the scanner/printer itself (only from the Scanner Utility). When I try to do it directly from the scanner/printer itself, it still says "set the PC to scan"... any ideas?

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements