cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX922 Blurry Text - Black only

Ameriguat
Contributor

I haven done EVERYTHING to fix the blurry text from cleaning, deep cleaning, alignment, even doing this  https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART142447  I feel like I'm about to go crazy.  I don't know how to fix it.  Its only the black.   I've tried changing the ink as well with the same issue.  Anything else?

15 REPLIES 15

I had this exact problem, and finally fixed it by cleaning the printhead, as shown in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEkKGBUSwNg.  Basically, I flushed the printhead with warm/hot water, making sure not to get the electrical parts wet, and resting the print head on soft paper to help clear all the ink from the head.  24 hour laters (after it dried well), magic!!!

Note that I was ready to put the printer in the garbage, so I didn't mind trying the experiment.  You might not want to risk it.

I am on my 2nd mx922 both have had the same problem, I have always used canon supplies and for the cost of the darn things, it's not worth the cost of sending it in. I think it's time for a Brother.

It's like Canon builds obsolescence into the printers.   After a certain time period, the printer heads malfunction.  Eiter the B200 code or the fuzzy print issue.  It has nothing to do with the printer ink.  Canon ink vs. generic ink will not stop the problem, no matter what Canon says.

Vance interesting option....I have the same issues.....perfect colors.....blurry lines in black....also suspect PGBK tank....but my cartridge is genuine Canon....read changing paper type to GLOSSY on MX922 will work.....and it does....perfectly clear......here anything from CANON on a official standard fix?

Yes, photo copy is blurred with lines across the page.  

C255XXL BL For use with Pixma MX922/MX722

OS Mojave

Ameriguat
Contributor
So basically getting the same as my pic? It seems like a roller issue....cause some is clear and the rest isn't. I really hope Canon answers soon, because i use it for photos which are amazing and it started a few months ago as well. I have a color laser which I print most things for but copies to transfer to use to comp to print is a pain...and I'd really just it to be fixed
Announcements