cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX892 printing blank pages

salachic
Apprentice

My printer has been working just fine. However, just today one of the cartridges was low, so I replaced it.  Now when I try to print it just spits out blank pages. I ran the test to check for clogged nozzles, but the all blocks print beautifully.  What do I try next?

66 REPLIES 66

Why you did not mention to replace the print head and you can get it from Canon? That can be the main cause of the problem -print head ware out!

You need to read the full thread.  This solution is for when the printhead is ok and not worn out but the software just needs to be re-booted. Of course if you are wealthy and want to send extra profits to Canon before necessary then ok...

Sorry I have worked with printers before I'm an electronic engineer and I know after all these solutions then the only one option left on the table is to replace the print head. You do not have to be wealthy to order a print head! This is the way the manufactures make their money Print cartridges and print heads no 1 and 2.

@hamadoushi wrote:

Sorry I have worked with printers before I'm an electronic engineer and I know after all these solutions then the only one option left on the table is to replace the print head. You do not have to be wealthy to order a print head! This is the way the manufactures make their money Print cartridges and print heads no 1 and 2.

I'm a printer repair tech (and a mechanical engineer) and I own a store selling and servicing printers with Canon being our most popular brand. Of course I can always sell you a new print-head, but I can also sell you a brand new printer for less than the cost of the replacement printhead..!  The purpose of this forum is to provide useful solutions to Canon owners that do not involve unnecessary expense.

The canon printers are generally very reliable and the printheads are quite robust just so long as you look after them properly.  Canon will always be happy to sell you replacement printheads and if you love your printer so much that you are willing to spend money to keep it alive then go right ahead.  Just be aware that there are many steps you can take before that...

I now have two canon PIXMA MX892 printers - neither of which work.  One will not power on even after replacing the power pack, the second will not print even after replacing the printhead.  Canon USED to be very reliable printers, however, when you own two of them (neither is that old and worked fine previously) and both fail within a couple of months of each other - ther is reason to suspect that the printers are not as relaible as they used to be/.

The second printer had the print head replaced, new OEM cartridges installed and numerous deep cleaning revolutions done yet nothing but blank pages come from it. Even went as far as to purchase a second print head thinking the first one may have been defective - same thing.  The chances of two brand new printheads being bad are astronomical.  So I am out the cost of two new print heads, two MX892 printers and new OEM ink cartridges.

The first one just quit - I know it is not the power pack as I replaced it with a new one and nada, nothing not even an eror code - just dead

At this rate there is no way I can trust canon anymore as I am tired of buying junk that breaks shortly after the warranties expire

I have sold lots of printers.  I sold many Canon MX870 printers and most are still working well after many years.   When I could no longer obtain MX870 printers I began selling MX892 printers.  I was shocked when they began failing after a year or  two.  I think the MX892 printers were very poor products and I really feel that Canon should have provided MX892 owners with some sort of replacements or helped in some special way.  Anyway, I haven't given up on Canon products but that one model was certainly a disappointment.  I think most companies have products that aren't up to their normal standards from time to time.  When that happens everyone loses out, including the manufacturer.

I agree completely - Canon's stance on things is do nothing for the customer and sell them another at a rediculous no real discount price.  They refuse to address the issues with their printer (MX 892) they dont even acknowledge there is a problem.  Unfortunately it says a whole lot of where they have fallen to and they show NO interest in improving their customer relations.  MX 892 customers should have been offered a replacement for a known piece of junk - they were well aware of the problems yet waited for the warranty to run out before offering the customer to buy another printer.

This is exactly the attitude and the philosophy that ruins reputations of a once good company

Announcements