My PIXMA MX892 will not scan. It prints fine. my printer is on a wired network. I did the MP Driver Ver. 1.03 (Windows) update and that messed up everything on my printer. I have Windows 10 64x. My scanner is not turned off. I do not have a USB connection or cord. The printer is not in use nor does it have an error message. I have no idea what it means about scanner driver will be closed. Where is the scanner driver??? I do know where to find the Code: 5,156,61.
This error is often caused by a hardware conflict.
1. Go to Computer / My Computer and locate the C: drive, then double-click on it to open.
2. Locate the WINDOWS folder, then double-click to open it.
3. Locate the TWAIN_32 folder, then double-click to open it.
4. Inside of the TWAIN_32 folder, you will see a folder for your PIXMA MX892 printer as well as a WIATWAIN.DS file. If there are other files in that folder, you will want to move them to another location, preferably your Desktop by doing the following:
4-1. Click on each of the other items in the folder other than the the WIATWAIN.DS file and PIXMA MX892 folder to select them. You will want to hold the the CTRL key on your keyboard while selecting each of the items until all of the items except for the two referenced above are selected. Please be sure to leave the WIATWAIN.DS file and PIXMA MX892 folder inside of the TWAIN_32 folder.
4-2. With all of the items you want to move selected, please go to the EDIT menu and select the CUT option.
4-3. Go to your Desktop (main window that comes up when you start Windows with all of the icons on it) and right-click your mouse in any blank area, then choose the PASTE option. The items you selected from the TWAIN_32 folder should appear on the Desktop.
5. Try to launch and scan using MP Navigator again.
This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.