cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX532 prints over wifi but will not scan

antics
Contributor

IJ Scan Utility 2 reports "Cannot communicate with scanner". That utility does select the scanner, so it knows it's there. I just reinstalled the scan utility. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

antics
Contributor

OK, I reinstalled the driver AGAIN, and the problem is resolved. I'd have to say, there are different downloads you can do for the multifunction device... somehow my driver was old, and previous reinstalls didn't work or ??? I'd really prefer there to be only ONE download for everything. You have the latest, or you don't. That's for the Canon suggestion box. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

antics
Contributor

Mac OS v12.1

antics
Contributor

IJ Scan Utility 2 reports "A scanner driver supporting this software is not installed. Install it and try again. Code:15,230,0". But I've done that 3 times already.

Danny

Hi, antics!

Thanks for posting on our forum! This community is designed for your fellow Canon owners to help each other out with any problems they may encounter. If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or register your Canon gear HERE to access additional support options.

Thanks and have a great day!

antics
Contributor

OK. I didn't find anything in the KB. Also, most support articles talk about reinstalling drivers (did that) and restarting the internet modem (not the problem because printing works fine over wifi).

antics
Contributor

OK, I reinstalled the driver AGAIN, and the problem is resolved. I'd have to say, there are different downloads you can do for the multifunction device... somehow my driver was old, and previous reinstalls didn't work or ??? I'd really prefer there to be only ONE download for everything. You have the latest, or you don't. That's for the Canon suggestion box. 

Announcements