cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incompatibility of Canon MG6320 with new Apple Mac upgrade

cspringer
Apprentice

I just upgraded my MAC to OS Monterey 12.2 and my Canon MG6320 icon is crossed out. How do I upgrade my Canon to be compatible?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

The MG6320 is 7 yrs old.  It has not been officially supported under MAC OS since v10.14 Mojave.  

Its possible this release will work with some (but not all) subsequent versions of MAC OS.  You may be able to use the printer with some or limited functionality under a later OS, without a "Canon" specific driver.

Other possibilities:

Check out "VueScan" (just google it)

Install as plain IP printer:

You can also try using it as a IP printer under Monterey v12.2.  The IJ Networking Utility is available under the software tab and will allow you to set the printers IP manually.  Given the amount of time that has elapsed, I doubt Canon will release a driver for Monterey.  They also offer an upgrade program which offers a path to a new device at a reduced price. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

The MG6320 is 7 yrs old.  It has not been officially supported under MAC OS since v10.14 Mojave.  

Its possible this release will work with some (but not all) subsequent versions of MAC OS.  You may be able to use the printer with some or limited functionality under a later OS, without a "Canon" specific driver.

Other possibilities:

Check out "VueScan" (just google it)

Install as plain IP printer:

You can also try using it as a IP printer under Monterey v12.2.  The IJ Networking Utility is available under the software tab and will allow you to set the printers IP manually.  Given the amount of time that has elapsed, I doubt Canon will release a driver for Monterey.  They also offer an upgrade program which offers a path to a new device at a reduced price. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks so much, Rick. Your info is so valuable. I did download VueScan and can use it with the Canon in a more roundabout way! Much appreciated! Connie

click here to view the gallery
Announcements