cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX492 cannot download software on Mac - says contact developer

Macprint
Apprentice

I:ve had a MX492 for a couple years. Suddenly said offline. Tried everything. Eventually deleted from printers on Macbook Air. Then when I tried to reload the software it says it does not support this OS version (on Big Sur). Spent 3 hours on this - help please!

Thx

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Drivers for Big Sur exist.

You can download them here:

Support | MX Series - Inkjet | PIXMA MX492 (MX490 Series) | Canon USA

Printing CUPS driver v16.46.1.0

Scanning ICA driver v4.13

If you are trying to install older drivers for an earlier MAC OS, that might not work.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hi Rick

thank you for jumping in here. Unfortunately, the problem is not the drivers. Due to not being able to get the computer to "see" the printer, one of the suggestions was to delete the printer from the Macbook, then re-add it back in. After deleting it, I had to find the software on the Canon site to "reload" it. It's the software that comes up as Unsupported... When I download the drivers, it downloads, but does not seem to appear anywhere on the computer (see screenshot). 

Any ideas - and thank you so very much, 

M

Greetings,

What screenshot are you referring to?  I don't see any attchments on your posts.    

Here is the link for the printer driver:

https://pdisp01.c-wss.com/gdl/WWUFORedirectTarget.do?id=MDEwMDAwNjU1MzA3&cmp=ABR&lang=EN

Scanner here;

https://pdisp01.c-wss.com/gdl/WWUFORedirectTarget.do?id=MDEwMDAwNjU1NjAz&cmp=ABR&lang=EN

DMG.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hi Rick, 

Sorry! OMG - it suddenly worked!! Yesterday even after downloading the drivers, it would not "find" them to add as a printer. Anyhow - suddenly worked now, found and added.

Thanks so very much!!

Take care,
M

Announcements