cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX490 power cycling fix from user on forum SPREAD THE WORD!

jperez739
Contributor

Here is the fix everyone!

Screenshot_20220531-200723_Chrome.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi! Yes, a firmware update is available to resolve this issue entirely. You can download the firmware update and find easy installation instructions at canon.us/power.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

51 REPLIES 51

angelsfan1
Apprentice

I am one of those with the Pixma iP110 mobile printer that is also affected by this issue, and that model has no menu on it as described in all of the "fixes" I keep seeing for the desktop models. I did unplug the router and connect the printer to my MacBook Pro laptop with a USB cable and was able to print. Then, as soon as I reconnect the router, it turns off again. No idea how to figure out how to keep it from connecting to my internet? Any advice? This has reached ridiculous now, thanks Canon!

Teamzoe
Apprentice

Isn't there a simpler way to get this printer working? I'm not that Tech-savy. Thanks.

jericho128
Apprentice

I am using Pixma iP110 mobile printer. The printer will boot up for a while and then it shuts down by itself. May I know if there is any step by step solution to solve this issue as i am not tech savy? I am using WiFi connection from my Apple MBP to the printer. MacOS 12.4. Thanks in advance.

Lookstwice
Apprentice

My MX492 is working from unplugging router and printer, etc. But I just noticed there is a message on the printer about a firmware update. Does anyone know if this is a fix rolled out by Canon?

You mean just unplugging them, then plugging them back in?

Basically, Yes.  Same thing worked for me, I didn't go into all of the changing of the DNS thingamajigs

Canon Maxify MB2320

Printer started power cycling when Canon screwed everyone else this past weekend.  I took the DNS "Fix" and instead of doing all of the steps I only....

1. Unplugged the printer
  2. Unplugged the modem ethernet from the router (You could also turn off router)
  3. Plugged in the printer, it turned on by itself, cycled and finally brought me to the menu without shutting off
  4. Plugged the modem ethernet back into the router
  5. Test printed from the PC, worked
  6. Test print from mobile, worked
  7. So far, so good

Printer bought in 02.2015 and have never installed a firmware update and whatever Canon did this weekend, it still affected mine

BDORF
Contributor

I have no clue what you are talking about. Can you help in terms that apply to the MX490? I'm not familiar with DNS or IP terminology, but, can follow directions. Thanks!

Lookstwice
Apprentice

Does anyone know if the firmware update here fixes the problem? - https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/inkjet-multifunction/mx-s...

Thanks

Hi! Yes, a firmware update is available to resolve this issue entirely. You can download the firmware update and find easy installation instructions at canon.us/power.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks for the update. Yes, this answers my question, but where is the Accept as Solution button? I don't see it on the page anywhere.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements