cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX475 - Black Ink Prints Shadowy and Unclear

GoroPrints
Contributor

Hi! So I recently bought this printer MX475 and I know it's kinda old but it was in perfect condition. I have used it a lot and than the black ink was over so I replaced it. Bought an original FINE cartridge. It was printing great enough. After a couple of days, black texts and photos' quality was looking bad as if they were an old quality picture maximized to a 4K screen. Anyway I have been trying everything. I have replaced cartridges, cleaned the encoder strip, cleaned printhead multiple times. Nothing worked and. 

And I just realized that when I print things with my mobile phone. They come out near perfect. The texts are readable but because it's printing very fast, sometimes prints can come with white lines. And using the PC at Plain Paper-Standart quality makes them come the same way mobile phone does but I don't want that. I need to use the high quality settings. Thank you for helping me and sorry for my bad English.

18 REPLIES 18

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Welcome to the forum. What operating system do you have?

I have an MX472, which I suspect is the US version of your printer. 

Have you run a nozzle check? Is your printer driver current?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Hi! I am using Win 11 and I live in Turkey. Which is in Europe.  I have runned a nozzle check multiple times and my printer drivers are in the newest version.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Can you post a screenshot of the printer settings you use in your software that is giving poor results and a phone image of a bad print?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Sure! Here you go. All the writings on the papaer are written by my printer. Colorful printings are awesome (only in High Quality) . But in standart mode colors are pretty bad too. 

IMG_20220504_155914.jpg

If a nozzle check is giving you good results you could try a head alignment.

Are you using Canon ink cartridges? I tried saving money by using third party cartridges but got poor results (but my bad results were visible in a nozzle check).

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Yes they are genuine canon cartridges and I have done all of that. Btw nozzle check is not giving a good result.

If the nozzle check is not giving a good result then good printing is going to be a problem.

Have you tried a deep cleaning?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

ofc I did. Several times.

did you see the example prints that I've attached under this topic?

Announcements