cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX410 won't restart after power outage

stevejanas
Apprentice

I have a Canon MX410 printer. In the middle of a scan, I had a power outage, and now I can't turn the printer on at all. What do I do?

4 REPLIES 4

Ramona
Authority

Hi stevejanas,

Please try to the following to get the printer to power on:

1. Ensure that the printer is plugged directly into a wall outlet instead of going through a surge protector that is plugged into a wall outlet, as sometimes ports on a surge protector may no longer work, even if other ports on the protector do work.

2. Unplug the power cord from the back of the printer and from the wall outlet/surge protector and leave them out for at least 10 minutes, then plug it back in to try and reset the printer.

3. Try plugging the printer into another power outlet in a different area of the room, or another room if possible.

4. If you have another power cord you can use with the printer, please see if using that power cord will allow the printer to
power on.

If the printer still does not turn on after following the above steps, the printer will require servicing.  Please call or email us using one of the methods on the Contact Us page for servicing options available to you.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

We were about to throw out my Canon MP620 but after following suggestion #2 and allowing it to sit unplugged for several hours it sprang back to life!  Thanks!

Wouldn't beleive it, but it worked for me as well. Thanks!!!

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!! We too had a power outage and afterwards my printer would not power on. I unplugged it for a few mknutes and nothing. I was SICK that it was fried. But i googled the problem and found your suggestions.I tried  # 2 right away. Kept it unplugged for a few hours, then went to check on it, really not expecting it to work. But it did!! Thanks so much, you're my hero of the day!

Announcements