forgot password

pmarino1973
Apprentice

Locked myself out of the printer settings how can I default the printer mg7520 back to the orig default settings so I can enter a new password.

1 REPLY 1

Ramona
Authority

Hi pmarion1873,

To reset the printer settings, please follow these steps from the printer's operation panel:

1. Flick the HOME screen, then tap SETUP.

2. Tap DEVICE SETTINGS.

3. Tap RESET SETTING.

4. Tap the item you would like to reset from the selections below, confirm your selection, then tap the OK button:

--  Web service setup only - Reverts the Web service settings back to the default.

--  LAN settings only - Reverts the LAN settings other than the administrator password specified by IJ Network Tool back to the default.

--  Settings only - Reverts the settings such as the paper size or media type back to the default.

-- Device info sending setting only - Reverts only the device information sending settings.

--  Reset all - Reverts all settings you made to the machine back to the default. The administrator password specified by IJ Network Tool reverts to the default setting.

Please note:

• You cannot change the following setting items back to the default:

• The language displayed on the touch screen

• The background color of the HOME screen

• The current position of the print head

• The Read/write attribute setting

5.  Once the setting has been completed, please press the HOME button on the printer to return to the main menu.

Hope this helps!

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements