cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MX922 Error B200

LeslieD
Contributor

I have a Pixma MX922 printer. It's old but works pretty well until now.

We had a power outage, and when the power came back on, it had the B200 error code. I looked up the code in the manual, and it makes no sense to me.

The printer window says to unplug (I have done this several times), and then it says to call customer service. I have not been able to log on with Canon support. I hope someone here can help. 

5 REPLIES 5

Tiger094
Apprentice

I got this error shortly after installing refilled cartridges. Dont think you need to clean your printer head like I did. Try this: with the printer off, Open the upper cartridge cover and open the lower cover (2 clicks down), yes, you can push it down further for a 2nd click. Next close the lower 1 click up so its still open.. Now turn the printer on and wait until you get the message to close the cartridge doors. Close the lower and upper cartridge doors and top of printer. Let the printer finish the power up. Dont be a rush. See if this clears the code. If gives the code again, press and hold the stop button approx 20 seconds until the message goes away and the home screen shows. Let us know if this fixes it. I have a few more tricks.

Thank you for a quick response! I will try that when I can.

update please

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Sometimes a power surge triggers a false error code (and sometimes the power surge does damage the device). Try unplugging the printer and cycle the power button a few times to drain off any potentially stored charge. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi LeslieD,

The B200 error is an indication that your PIXMA MX922 would require service.  If your PIXMA MX922 was purchased less than a year ago, please contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives via phone or chat to obtain your in warranty options. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below to log into your My Canon account:

https://mycanon.usa.canon.com

Once logged in, click on your product and then click on the Product Support button.  When that page loads, click on either the Phone Support button or the Chat Support button to access support.

If your PIXMA MX922 is out of warranty, you are eligible for Canon's Upgrade Program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service, or for some reason are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a replacement product, discounted from the list price.

If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 Monday through Saturday, 9am to 9pm. Let them know you have been working with technical support and the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements