cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX 922 Scanner Banding

canonuser3
Contributor

This has been going on for quite a while, but I thought it was down to the printed matter I was scanning.

There appears to be tiny lines running across whatever I scan, whether it's at 150. 300 or 600 dpi.

Someone suggested it's a hardware problem - I hope not, as this is the second one I bought, and would hate to think it's the last.1.jpg

If I turn Miss Ekberg 90°, the line runs up her nose, so it's not the printed matter.

Any ideas to what could be causing this?

10 REPLIES 10

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi canonuser3,

Please remove any images or documents from the scan glass of your PIXMA MX922.

Open the IJ Scan Utility and perform a scan.

Do the lines appear in the scanned white image?

What version of Windows are you using?
If using a Mac, what version of OSX is installed?

Are you using your PIXMA MX922 wirelessly?
or with a USB cable?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

canonuser3
Contributor

I normally use Vuescan to scan, and have never used this utility because, at the time, it would not connect wirelessly to my mac (running Sierra 10.12 6.)

Though white on white is hard to see, they don't seem to be there.

On another note, the backing seems to be very dirty - can this be removed and cleaned somehow?

Hello,

If you are using Sierra 10.12.6, you can download and install the scanner driver and software for the MX922 using the link HERE. The scanner driver will give you more control of the scanner and will usually scan with better results. Once the MX920 series Scanner Driver Ver.19.1.0b (Mac) has been download and installed, you can try using our IJ scan utility to scan using the photo option. you can view the scan utility and the options using the link HERE.

canonuser3
Contributor

This forum in not very active, is it?

Same effect after following the above:

1.jpg

canonuser3
Contributor

So basically this scanner should be thrown in the trash?

(A pity, as this is the second 922 I bought - shame on me.)

Hi canonuser3,

Please follow these steps:

1.  Please open the IJ Scan Utlity.

2.  Click the ScanGear button on the IJ Scan Utility.

3.  In ScanGear, click the Advanced Mode tab in the upper right corner.

4.  Click the Preferences button in the lower right.

5.  Click on the Scanner tab.

6.  Set "Execute at Every Scan" to ON.

7.  Click OK

Once that is set, please attempt a few scans.  The calibration will take place before each one.  After 3 or 4 calibration scans, please attempt to scan your image again.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

No change after 5 scans:

scan.jpg

Hi canonuser3,

It would appear that your PIXMA MX922 would require service.  If your PIXMA MX922 was purchased less than a year ago, please contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives via phone or chat to obtain your in warranty options. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

https://mycanon.usa.canon.com

If your PIXMA MX922 is out of warranty, you are eligible for Canon's Upgrade Program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service, or for some reason are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a replacement product, discounted from the list price.

If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 Monday through Saturday, 9am to 9pm. Let them know you have been working with technical support and the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Announcements