cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG8220 Canon Printer will not connect to Google Cloud Printing

WeeJavaDude
Apprentice

There is an option in my 8220 to connect to Google's cloud printing and I have never been able to get this set up.  I have the lastest 3.02 firmware.    I am able to print using my mac as a classic, but today my mac decided to take a dive and it brought me back to the fact I should be able to do this.  I have tried all the suggestions including hard wiring the printer, changing its DNS to 8.8.8.8,  reset the printer settings.  I put the Printer into the DMZ and quickly tried to connect.  no go.   

All I get is "UNable to connect to server,  please try again".  When I go over to Googles site and look at the list the 8220 is not on it.  I do see it announced support,  I see the option in the firmware,  I see posts of people indicating that they were told that it would be addressed.  

My guess is that I am out of luck (Hate when company's fail to support products), but figured I would drop a not just in case there is some firmware I am not aware of that I could use.   

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or thoughts. 

1 REPLY 1

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

HI WeeJavaDude,

Due to a change in Google server’s authentication method, this affects the PIXMA MG8220 and prevents customers from using the PIXMA MG8220 to print from Google Cloud Print™ and/or from registering the PIXMA MG8220 with Google Cloud Print™. Please follow these steps to set up your inkjet printer as a “Classic Printer” and continue using Google Cloud Print function:

1. Connect your printer to your computer either wirelessly or with a USB cable. Power ON the printer.

2. Power ON the computer and connect to the Internet.

3. Follow the prompts provided on the web page below for adding and connecting a “Classic Printer":

http://www.google.com/landing/cloudprint/

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements