cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice re setting up NIB Pixma MG8120

Crocusguy
Apprentice

I have had this printer stored safely at home for several years, but never used it. Now I would like to set it up and start printing -- mostly documents, some photos.  Will the ink still work? What advice do you have? Thanks. 

2 REPLIES 2

Danny

Hi, Crocusguy!

If the ink cartridges are still in their original unopened packaging, they should still be in perfect shape. If you've had the printer in storage for a few years, it's possible the drivers and the apps contained on the accompanying CD might be out of date. You can find updated drivers HERE.

We hope this helps!

Thanks! It came to life shortly after I sent the request. I had installed the ink long ago. My first test, a B&W copy print, produced lots of 'open' lines without ink, so I went into settings, found an option for deep cleaning and selected it. My next test copy was pretty good. I also ran through the alignment diagnostic. After that, my test color copy print was a little contrasty so i reduced contast by 1 unit and was delighted with the result!  It's on a USB line from PC, and has now produced a few pages from that source. So, It's working fine and I'm delighted.

Thanks for the link to update. I've downloaded and installed, as suggested.  I'm looking forward to a few years of nice printing now, especially Prairie crocus photos. JD 

Announcements