cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG7520 Cannot scan - using MacOS Monterey 12.6.

adingels
Apprentice

I have read every item in this thread and followed the solution but it will not work. I have CanonMG7520 and MacOS Monterey 12.6. Please help. I'm going crazy. I can print/copy and not scan. Scanner won't work by wifi or by cable.

2 REPLIES 2

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

The MG7520 is not supported on the Monterey operating system. The last scanner drivers made for the MacOS were Catalina. 

As a work around, you can try installing the drivers for MacOS Catalina but please be advised, these drivers were not tested in MacOS Monterey. 

To install the driver, please click HERE and select software and drivers. You will want to change the OS listed from Sonoma to Monterey and then download/install the ICA Driver Ver. 4.1.3a, IJ Scan Utility2 Ver.2.3.8, and MG7500 series CUPS Printer Driver Ver.16.40.1.0.

Once all files are installed, remove the printer currently listed and add the printer back. Make sure it has the Canon driver listed and not Airprint. Then, once the printer is added back on, try to scan again. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

If Stephen's solution doesn't work you could try VueScan by Hamrick Software.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic
click here to view the gallery
Announcements