cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG6320 blurry printing with PGBK ink only?

Sigh
Apprentice

I'm experiencing blurring issues with my PGBLK ink. Similar to the issues expressed in these topics:

https://www.printerknowledge.com/threads/canon-mg6350-pgbk-printing-blurry-despite-cleaning-head-ali...
https://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Printer-Multifunction-Support/MG5460-blurry-vertical-printing-wit...

Except on a Canon Pixma 6300.

I've tried multiple different steps to fix the issue and nothing's worked. Ran every single cleaning process over and over (and I've wasted so much ink in the process), and attempted to clean out the print heads like in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYuBv0wgbPk I'm able to do the first part, but not the second part where he partially separates the base, because the screws in the brown base refuse to come out. I've used my tiniest screwdrivers and they won't budge at all. I have no means to remove them.

The attached images show that my PGBLK test is still blurry.

blur01.jpg
blur02.jpg

The only time it doesn't blur like that is when I switch to XPS mode and also change my paper quality to "high resolution paper". But that grays out the duplex printing option for some reason so this method isn't practical for printing essays and other long documents. (Not the design choice I would've made. On principle I'm against graying out anything in any program. Whether you as a developer think an option is a good idea or not, I feel it should be up to the user to make that decision because it's their property. Let them worry about the consequences, you don't need to nanny them. Include a warning for dangerous options maybe, but graying them out is a step too far. That's just my opinion, I'm not trying to be rude.)

It's just frustrating to me because the only way to fix my printer also wastes paper by forcing single-page printing. I named myself "Sigh" because that's the only noise I make around printers now. It's always something with them. I bought this one because I was expecting it not to give me much trouble, because it was rated highly and it has every feature I wanted. I'm sorry for the cynicism. But the amount of money I've had to spend to try to get my printers working is getting ridiculous. I got it in January of 2016. Sure it's out of warranty but I shouldn't already need a new one this soon. It would be really nice if I could keep this one working. But to have the screws get stuck on top of everything else? It's honestly starting to make me a little superstitious. At every turn something magically cuts me off from a permanent solution.

Anyway, this forum is my last hope. I'd appreciate any advice you can give because if I can't solve the problem here I'm going to have to once again add more to my credit debt because I need a functioning printer for personal and business reasons. Sorry for the tl;dr but I'm at my wits end and I needed to rant a bit about these building irritations. I'm sure when I go to bed and wake up I'll worry that I was too harsh, but I hope I didn't put you off from helping. I would greatly appreciate it.

In the meantime I'm going to keep trying to unscrew those screws so I can clean that base square.

8 REPLIES 8

pohl
Apprentice

did this ever get resolved?  same exaxt thing is happening to my MG6320 and I can't find a solustiion and Canon no longer offers phone support for this model.

Thanks!

Unfortunately, I have the exact same problem. Were you ever able to resolve the issue? I tried all the self cleaning steps along with replacing the printer head and it still didn’t fix the blurry black ink cartridge. I’d hate to trash the printer, which otherwise works great. What did you do?

iaceu
Contributor

Unfortunately, I have the exact same problem. Were you ever able to resolve the issue? I tried all the self cleaning steps along with replacing the printer head and it still didn’t fix the blurry black ink cartridge. I’d hate to trash the printer, which otherwise works great. What did you do?

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Iaceu,

The issue above would point to a problem with the print head that the ink sprays out of or the hardware on the printer. If you have already tried replacing the print head and still have the issue, it would mean the printer needs service. In this situation, you can log into your MyCanon account or contact support at 1-800-652-2666 to check for any available service options.

Thanks Hector - As you can see it’s just the PGBK ink cartridge that prints blurry. I have tried deep cleaning and manually cleaning by taking the print head out and soaking it overnight. Why is this happening and how can it be fixed?

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

SteveK1950
Contributor

My Pixma MG6851 too

Hi SteveK1950,

Welcome to The Canon Forums!

We appreciate your participation, though we need to let you know that your product PIXMA MG6851 appears to be a model not supported by our team here at Canon USA. While the community is welcome to chime in, the Canon Community Forum is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We can only support Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you live outside the United States, please click HERE and select your country to find support in your part of the world.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks. There doesn't appear to be a community forum here in UK. FAQs just say deep clean.......which doesn't solve PGBK blurred print.

Announcements