cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG6300 Printer won't print (blank pages)

SunnyAZ
Contributor

Hi, I have an MG6300 printer and it suddenly stopped printing (it prints nothing but blank pages).  All the ink is full and I put new cartridges in, but it still won't print.  I understand I should try doing a clean of the printer to determine if that is the issue, but I am not sure how to do that without the software?   I only have a Surface Pro 3 (no CD drive).  How do I clean the printer without software?  Can anyone help?  Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7

Ramona
Authority

Hi SunnyAZ,

To try and resolve the issue, please remove and reseat the ink tanks and print head in the unit by following the steps shown here.  Once this has been done, please perform a print head alignment on the unit by following the steps shown here.  Next, please perform at least one cleaning and two deep cleanings on the unit by following the steps located here.  

Should you still experience difficulty after performing the above recommendations, we ask that you please contact a Canon technical support representative here for further assistance. A representative will be happy to assist you free of charge.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you. Unfortunately, though, my printer doesn't have a "setup" option in its menu.  Just W-Lan set up.  So, there's no option for deep cleaning anywhere in the menu.   Which is why I'm asking how to do a cleaning without that option in the menu.  Thanks.

Hello,

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

it's the printer paper type. under device settings -> paper settings set the paper to plain paper, rather than matte, glossy, etc. This will fix your problem.

Thanks.  We contacted customer support and they told us we'd have to send it in to repair it.  So, we got an HP printer instead. 🙂

ha - that's a good solution. i was stumped for a few minutes..my printer was making all the print sounds. sounded like it was printing, but blank pages were coming out. it was the strangest thing. Changing the paper type fixed it. I'm sure that was your problem.

it's too bad the canon support doesn't use canon printers - this is likely the #1 cause of this problem, not dirty print heads. There's a 7 page forum thread about the same problem where all they recommend is cleaning print heads, which does not help.

Enjoy your new printer!

PattiW
Apprentice

I also have an MG6300 printer I've had for 7 years and it started printing white pages.  I tried all the cleaning steps and paper suggestions.  NOTHING worked until I deleted the printer and reinstalled it with the set-up disc.  It solved the problem instantly!  Try that first before you waste all the ink I wasted cleaning the nozzles over and over again!

Announcements