07-26-2017 06:52 PM
I love the ability to place 6 small items on the bed and have it crop them correctly into 6 PDF images. The problem I am running into is, that some of them will be skewed or crooked, while most will be fine. The issue is clearly with the cropping part of the scanning process.
Is there a fix for this?
I am on WIndows 7 and have the latest version of the software that I can see - thx!
07-27-2017 07:27 AM
To try and resolve the issue, I would like to ensure that the option to perform a calibration during every scan is selected. To do this, please follow these steps:
1. Start the IJ Scan Utility program. Please go to your START menu, then select ALL PROGRAMS, then CANON UTILITIES, then IJ SCAN UTILITY (folder), then IJ SCAN UTILITY (program).
2. Click the SCANGEAR button from the main screen.
3. Click on the ADVANCED MODE tab in the window that appears.
4. Click on the PREFERENCES button at the bottom of the window.
5. On the SCANNER tab, in the CALIBRATION SETTINGS section, ensure that the EXECUTE AT EVERY SCAN setting is set to ON, then press the OK button.
6. Click the blue PREVIEW button to preview the image you are trying to scan.
7. Make any needed adjustments, then click the green SCAN button to scan the image.
Should you still experience difficulty, we ask that you please contact a Canon technical support representative here for further assistance. A representative will be happy to assist you free of charge.
07-31-2017 04:53 PM
Sorry but that did not work - the images are still being skewed - any other ideas??
08-01-2017 06:58 AM
If you scan the items one at a time, does the issue persist?
08-01-2017 12:25 PM
If I scan 1 at a time the cropping does not work - it creates a single page for the scan. Essentially this feature is broken
08-02-2017 06:51 AM
It is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:
05/18/2023: New firmware updates are available.
EOS Rebel T100 - Version 1.1.0
EOS 5D Mark IV - Version 1.4.0
EOS 6D Mark II - Version 1.2.0
PowerShot Elph 360HS - Version 184.108.40.206
PowerShot SX420 IS - Version 220.127.116.11
PowerShot 620 HS - Version 18.104.22.168
PowerShot SX720 HS - Version 22.214.171.124
PowerShot G1X Mark III - Version 126.96.36.199
PowerShot G7X Mark II - Version 188.8.131.52
PowerShot G9X Mark II - Version 184.108.40.206
04/20/2023: New firmware version 1.4.1 is available for EOS R3
03/30/2023: New firmware updates are available.
EOS 1DX Mark III- Version 1.7.1
Speedlite EL-1 - Version 1.0.2
03/30/2023: Product Advisory for EF50 F1.2 L USM
03/30/2023: Product Advisory for EOS R10
2/07/2023: New product announcements!EOS R8 EOS R50RF-S55-210mm F5-7.1 IS STMRF24-50mm F4.5-6.3 IS STMRF15-30mm F4.5-6.3 IS STM
Canon U.S.A Inc. All Rights Reserved. Reproduction in whole or part without permission is prohibited.