cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG5320 U052 Error

JimCarey
Apprentice

I have had the MG5320 printer for just over a year now. Everything has been working brilliantly until recently. I am now getting an error: "U052: The type of printer head is incorrect. Install the correct print head"

I have not changed print heads. The only thing I've done is replace empty ink cartriges over the past year and a half, only when needed of course and I haven't done that for quite a while. 3 days ago everything was fine, I had printed a few things perfectly. Now, after no changes or ink cartrige refills, I'm getting this error message. 

Please help!!!

I'm on a MacBook Pro from 2009, running Snow Leopard. However, I don't believe it's a computer issue at all...just FYI

1 REPLY 1

MarkII
Rising Star

Hi JimCarey,

I agree, doesn't seem like a computer issue.  Since you have not changed the printhead, this error is indicating a damaged or malfunctioning part.  

First, try to clear the error by resetting the printer.  Disconnect the power from your printer and then press the ON button 5 times.  Wait 10 minutes and then reconnect the power.  If the error appears again after powering on the printer, then I recommend contacting us to discuss your service options.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
click here to view the gallery
Announcements