cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG3600 won't print PDF

not_eppi
Contributor

Hello,

Just bought a MG3600. It is connected (wireless, via Bonjour protocol) to my MacBook Air M1 (macOS Ventura 13.2.1).

It prints all normal docs, but refuses to print PDFs, neither as image. It does print if the PDF is opened in Google Chrome!

Note, I tried the installation as per instruction, but it didn't work. As soon as I tried via the OS, it worked.

Can you please help me? Thanks

not_eppi

5 REPLIES 5

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

If you have not done so, please try saving the PDF file to your computer and then try printing it. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks Arthur, 

I had already tried that and more.

I tried printing with Adobe AR, Preview, only 1 page or the whole document. Only Chrome printing fixed it. Any other suggestion?

Thanks,

not_eppi

Hi,

Check is make sure in the print dialog when you print from that program that it shows the printer. Also, check to make sure Adobe is up to date by doing the following: 

1. Open Reader or Acrobat.
  2. Choose Help > Check for Updates. If a new update is available, it installs automatically.
  3. Once installed, restart your computer.
  4. Try to print the PDF again.

If it still wont print from Adobe but will print from other places like Google Chrome, then it does not sound like the printer software that is causing the issue but something with Adobe directly. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi Arthur, thanks again.

T

Both Preview and Adobe softwares are up to date. When I try printing with both I get the same result,  which I omitted before. A blank page flows thru the printer and then the process stalls. I will fiddle with the settings and will let you know if anything changes. Thanks

bodizsu
Apprentice

I have exactly the same issue for a very long time now and it is super annoying. I tried all listed tips below but they are not working. Any other tips please? 

Announcements