cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG3520 does not recognize new black ink cartridge

axamiona
Apprentice
I am using the MG3520.  I installed a new black ink cartridge and it will not update.  I have cleaned the nozzle and have done the deep cleaning, MULTIPLE times in addition to the bottom plate cleaning and roller cleaning.  I wiped the contacts on the black ink with an alcohol wipe as well. I replaced the black cartridge with TWICE in case the first cartridge was faulty, but the second one didn't work either. I'm using the exact Canon brand ink cartridge specified for this printer. The Canon print app does NOT show that there is black ink in the cartridge. What else can I try?
1 REPLY 1

Darius
Whiz

Hi axamiona.

If the correct series of Canon genuine ink cartridges is not recognized as installed in the MG3520, even after ensuring the restraining lever is snapped into place, then the MG3520 will need to be replaced.  You are eligible for the Canon Upgrade Program, a one-time discount on the purchase of a replacement. If you're interested, more information is available through our phone-based Canon Direct agents at (866) 443-8002.  You will need the printer's serial number to confirm eligibility.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements