cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG3022 can I use the color only when the black runs out?

JuneMG
Apprentice

I don't use my MG3022 model printer that often... thank goodness.  But can I use the color only when the black runs out?

Or, does it take both the color cartridge to contain ink, as well as the black.  And. how do I conserve ink in the cartridges if I go a month without using the printer Please.   Now Christmas is upon us, I have a yearly letter to print, and unable to use my printer.  even though I have renewed the black cartridge, it's still NOT WORKING>  Does the colur one, long out of use, have to be full too?

Hoping you can send or post me an answer..... Thanks June.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi JuneMG,

The MG3022 can be set to use only the black or color ink cartridge at a time. This way if one of the inks is low or empty, you can use just the black or color. If you are using a Mac, please click HERE for the steps. If you are using a Windows computer, click HERE instead.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi JuneMG,

The MG3022 can be set to use only the black or color ink cartridge at a time. This way if one of the inks is low or empty, you can use just the black or color. If you are using a Mac, please click HERE for the steps. If you are using a Windows computer, click HERE instead.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

JuneMG
Apprentice
Another tip when one's ink cartridge is replaced, Model MG3022 for your readers who are having problems getting it to print once replaced. MAKE SURE the ink cartridge it WELL SEATED. That's the reason I was having a problem getting my printer to print after repacking a new cartridge. Apparently the cartridge wasn't fitted in there well enough. If I had only known.... JMG.
click here to view the gallery
Announcements