cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF Toolbox Application has stopped working. 6100 Series Why?

pamdivision16
Apprentice

This 6100 Series Multifunctional Printer is really starting to irritate me.

The Printer prints fine, the faxes work correctly, but the Scanner does NOT work at all. 

Not from the buttons on the Printer/Fax/Scanner and not from the Computer. 

When you tried to scan a document, the MF Toolbox Applications attempts to open on the computer, but right away I receive the message, "MF Toolbox Application has stopped working - A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.  Windows will close the program and notify me if a solution is available.

I have been searching for the last two days on how to correct this error.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the printer.  I have removed all the components from installation that remained behind to ensure a clean reinstall.  I made sure to turn off Windows Firewall.  It does not matter what I do, I get the same error.

What steps do I need to take to resolve this error so that the scanner will work.

5 REPLIES 5

Crista
Whiz

Hi pamdivision16!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what operating system you are using. That way, community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.

Thanks!

Re: MF Toolbox Application has stopped working.  6100 Series Why?

I am using Windows 8.  I have made sure to enable sharing.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software.  I have turned off Window's Firewall to ensure a clean installation. The following error was in the Error Log (Administrative Events).

Installing printer driver - failed, error code 0xBC8, HRESULT 0x80070BC8. See the event user data for context information.

The print spooler failed to create a Plug and Play printer device object for the printer 'PageManager PDF Writer'. Print object instance identifier '{460D9A14-DCA5-42D7-AB0F-C16C271890B2}'. Error code 0x800700B7. This printer will not be fully functional until the print spooler service is restarted and the Plug and Play printer device object is successfully created.

Faulting application name: MFTBOX.exe, version: 1.0.14.0, time stamp: 0x5137f06a

Faulting module name: dlcqtwds.ds, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x44d8ebfc

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x000073a8

Faulting process id: 0x1714

Faulting application start time: 0x01cefc235c2a3080

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Canon\MF Toolbox Ver4.9\MFTBOX.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\Twain_32\Dell\Photo AIO Printer 966\dlcqtwds.ds

Report Id: 9a0b19a5-6816-11e3-bf1c-20689d548e39

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Here's another one:

Fault bucket -496992229, type 1

Event Name: APPCRASH

Response: Not available

Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:

P1: MfTBox.exe

P2: 1.0.14.0

P3: 5137f06a

P4: dlcqtwds.ds

P5: 0.0.0.0

P6: 44d8ebfc

P7: c0000005

P8: 000073a8

P9:

P10:

Attached files:

C:\Users\ernesto\AppData\Local\Temp\WER7AF.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml

These files may be available here:

C:\Users\ernesto\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_MfTBox.exe_f25fa84ed88a764b4bf7b89d22f340cfa9c0e29d_11601d51

Analysis symbol:

Rechecking for solution: 0

Report Id: ffae8067-680f-11e3-bf1c-20689d548e39

Report Status: 0

Hi pamdivision16.

I understand that you are experiencing issues with installing the drivers and software for the imageCLASS MF6100 series.  Looking over the error information, there appears to be a conflict with the TWAIN driver, between the MF6160 and your Dell Photo Printer.  If you are no longer using the Dell printer, we recommend uninstalling the drivers and software.  You may want to contact Dell for assistance with this.

If you are still using the Dell printer, we recommend moving the Dell TWAIN Driver from the TWAIN_32 folder.  Please uninstall the imageCLASS MF6100 series and then follow the steps below to move the Dell information:

1. Click the [File Explorer] icon in the bottom left corner of the desktop.
  2. Click [Computer] in the left column.
  3. Double-click the C:// drive.
  4. Double-click the [Windows] folder.
  5. Double-click the [TWAIN_32] folder.
  6. Drag the Dell printer to your desktop.  Leave the WIA.DS file.
  7. Restart your computer.

After restarting the computer, reinstall the drivers and software.  If you are connecting by USB, please leave the USB cable disconnected until you have reinstalled the drivers and restarted the computer.  After restarting the computer, please perform a scan.

I hope this information is helpful to you.  Should you need further assistance, please contact us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) and a representative will be able to assist you.  Have a good day.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Had same problem, your solution finally worked.

agilitybassets
Apprentice

i have the same problem with a mf6540. it worked untill a few days ago.

Announcements