cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Large Page Black ink is not working.

jasphoto
Apprentice

Hello

I have been having trouble with the large black PGBK ink working. I have done several nozzle cleanings both regular and deep cleaning and each time the nozzle check printout does not show anything on the top grid pattern.   I have even taken out the print head and cleaned it with hot water as seen a video. I will try soaking it in alcohol tonight and see it that helps. I have run through a whole cartridge of PGBK ink cleaning and trying the pattern. Please help as I can not print anything in black currently and don't want to waste any more ink on cleaning and checking the nozzle.

Thanks for your help!

Judy

2 REPLIES 2

jasphoto
Apprentice

Sorry I forgot to mention this is a Canon Pixma MX870 inkjet printer

Hi,

Since the cleanings did not resolve the issue, the print head may be bad. The MX870 has been retired and Canon does not have a replacement print head. Please be advised that even if you find a print head online, it still may not resolve the issue. 

You would qualify for the Canon Upgrade program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. Free ground shipping is included with your purchase.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 Mon-Sat, 9 AM to 9pm EST excluding holidays.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements