09-09-2020 08:42 PM
I had no trouble using the IJ Scan Utility for Mac Catalina (10.15.6) but now receive this error message on both my iMac and MacBook Pro:
None of these things apply. The scanner IS turned ON. I'm able to both print and scan on it wirelessly using the driver from the Apple System Preferences window, but the IJ Scan Utility no longer functions.
I deleted the old IJ Utility, downloaded and installed the latest December version from Canon (IJ Scan Utility Ver.2.3.7 (Mac) File version: 2.3.7 Release date: 13 December 2019), but I still get the error message.
Any help will be very much appreciated. Thank you.
09-11-2020 10:29 AM
And the model of your mystery printer is? Please provide, we cannot guess?
Bay Area - CA
~R5 C (18.104.22.168) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring~6D2 (v1.1.1) Retired ~EF Trinity, others ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~Windows10/11 Pro ~EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra ~ImageClass MF644Cdw ~Pixel6 ~CarePaks Are Worth It
09-17-2020 03:14 PM
It's an MG7720 combo printer/scanner. Thanks.
10-13-2020 12:55 PM
Please follow these steps:
1. Click once on your desktop, so that "Finder" appears by the Apple in the upper left corner.
2. A few to the right of Finder, click on GO.
3. In the Go menu, please click on "Go to folder".
4. In that box, please type:
and then click the Go button.
5. Delete all files / folders that have "canon" in their name from this folder.
6. Once they are all deleted, please close that window.
Next, we will reinstall the scanner driver:
1. Please use the following link:
2. Click the Select button next to "ICA Driver Ver.4.1.3a (Mac)".
3. Click the Download button. The drivers will download.
4. Once the download is complete, open your downloads folder. To access this, press CTRL and J, then let both go.
5. Double click "misd-mac-ijscanner15f-4_1_3-ea21_3.dmg", a disk image will be created on your desktop.
6. Double click the disk image and the setup file inside to begin the installation.
7. Follow the on screen prompts to reinstall.
Once the installation has completed, please attempt to scan using the IJ Scan Utility.
10-14-2020 08:51 PM - edited 10-14-2020 09:17 PM
Following your instructions, I can now use the scanner from my iMac's Printer/Scanner Preferences window. But the IJ Scan Utility app did not show up in my Applications folder or under Launchpad.
So, I clicked over to the Software tab and downloaded/installed [IJ Scan Utility2 Ver.2.3.8 (Mac)], which opens, but does not have as functions the image correction tools available when I open the Printer/Scanner driver from my iMac's Preferences window (see attached screenshot). What am I doing wrong?
05/18/2023: New firmware updates are available.
EOS Rebel T100 - Version 1.1.0
EOS 5D Mark IV - Version 1.4.0
EOS 6D Mark II - Version 1.2.0
PowerShot Elph 360HS - Version 22.214.171.124
PowerShot SX420 IS - Version 126.96.36.199
PowerShot 620 HS - Version 188.8.131.52
PowerShot SX720 HS - Version 184.108.40.206
PowerShot G1X Mark III - Version 220.127.116.11
PowerShot G7X Mark II - Version 18.104.22.168
PowerShot G9X Mark II - Version 22.214.171.124
04/20/2023: New firmware version 1.4.1 is available for EOS R3
03/30/2023: New firmware updates are available.
EOS 1DX Mark III- Version 1.7.1
Speedlite EL-1 - Version 1.0.2
03/30/2023: Product Advisory for EF50 F1.2 L USM
03/30/2023: Product Advisory for EOS R10
2/07/2023: New product announcements!EOS R8 EOS R50RF-S55-210mm F5-7.1 IS STMRF24-50mm F4.5-6.3 IS STMRF15-30mm F4.5-6.3 IS STM
Canon U.S.A Inc. All Rights Reserved. Reproduction in whole or part without permission is prohibited.