cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MG5720 Printer feeds unevenly. Can it be fixed or do I need a new printer?

bluerckjunction
Apprentice

Every time I try to print, my Pixma MG5720 Printer feeds unevenly and makes clacking sounds as it attempts to feed paper. Then the paper jams. Looking through the back as the printer attempts to feed paper, I noticed that a spring stays forward (and is not depressed) causing the paper to jam. Can the printer be fixed or should I be looking for a new one?

1 REPLY 1

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Hard for anyone to answer that question definitively. 

Chances are..   new printer.  Why I say that..  because the cost to ship and repair and older / lower end printer will likely exceed the cost of replacement.  Again however, this is only a guess based on the limited information we have.  If you live somewhere where the device can be carried in or dropped off, maybe it's worth trying to get it repaired. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements