cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IJ Scan Utility can not find my NEW PIXMA TS3120, still tries to scan my old PIXMA MG3120

bbbacres
Apprentice

I used a Pixma MG3200 for a long time.  As part of my use, I had installed the supplied software, and IJ Scanning software.  Recently I upgrated to a Canon TS3120 printer.   I deleted the MG 3120 printer here on my mac.  I think went into applications and deleted the scanner software.  I then opened the new software download provided on the TS3120 page and installed it.  But no matter what I try, when I open the scanning software, it still shows as my printer the MG3120, and of course it will not print but says it cannot connect.  I've reinstalled the software, but the same thing happens.  There must be some remnant of the MG3120 in  my computer which the IJscan software it seeing, though I'm not sure.

How can I get my TS3120 scanning?

4 REPLIES 4

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Are you using IJ Scan Utility Lite?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Yes I am.  When downloading I saw several softwares and I chose to download IJ Scan Utility Lite.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Give Canon a call at (866) 261-9362. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

twdevon82
Apprentice

I'm having the same issue with IJ Scan Utility Lite.  My printer/scanner models are different (old TS6200, new TR4270) but the behavior is the same.  I can't seem to get the old scanner driver out of the software or find the new one.  The new scanner appears under printers and scanners but when I try to open the scanner from there I get error -21345.

Announcements