cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a Macbook connected via WiFi to a Canon MG7520. The AutoScan destination does not work

pws442
Contributor

I have a Macbook connected via WiFi to a Canon MG7520. The AutoScan destination does not work. I have it set to a sub-folder underneath Pictures. The checkbox is there on that sub-folder. (My older Canons would use it) But this scanner, and the 7120 both insist on ignoring my selection and using the Pictures folder. (when I save, they do go to a dated folder underneath Pictures, but I would rather not clutter it up.)

No one likes Macs.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

When you open up the settings from the IJ Scan Utility, there are 3 tabs at the top. The first tab is for settings when the scan is initiated from the computer, the second tab is for settings when the scan is initiated from the operation panel. Make sure you change the destination folder for "Save to PC (Auto)" on the second tab!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Shanna
Enthusiast

Hello pws442!

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what Mac operating system (e.g. - Mac OS 10.5, 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, 10.9, 10.10, etc.) you are using. That way, the community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks!

merrymary247
Rising Star
Are you using the IJ Scan Utility or ImageCapture?

Macbook Pro OX X 10.10.4 IJ Scan Utility 2. From the Operations Panel.

When you open up the settings from the IJ Scan Utility, there are 3 tabs at the top. The first tab is for settings when the scan is initiated from the computer, the second tab is for settings when the scan is initiated from the operation panel. Make sure you change the destination folder for "Save to PC (Auto)" on the second tab!

Thank you very much. I was doing everything from the first tab, not the second. Duh!

Announcements