Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to see ink levels for PIXMA TS3522

beachdl
Apprentice

How to see ink levels

What are segment displays 1 thru 19

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The information presented here is specific to the PIXMA TS3522.  Let us know what that display is showing you and we'll tell you what it means.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Tiffany

Welcome to the Canon forum!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know which model Canon printer you have? Any 
other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue.

beachdl
Apprentice

PIXMA TS3522

JayC1
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Beachdl! Thanks for posting in the Canon Community Forum. I see that you would like to know how to check the ink levels for your PIXMA TS3522.

There are two lamps on the printer that are used to signal you when the inks are running low or when they are out. These lamps (lights) are located right above the printer’s display (little screen on the printer) and below the orange alarm lamp (with the triangle symbol). You’ll find information about these lamps in the following section of the manual:

https://ij.manual.canon/ij/webmanual/Manual/All/TS3500%20series/EN/UG/ug-220.html

As the section mentions, the Black and Color Ink Lamps will turn on (steady) when the inks are low. This means that the inks may run out soon and you should purchase replacements. When the Black and Color Ink Lamps start flashing (blinking), they are signaling that the cartridges are out of ink. The orange alarm lamp will also flash when the inks are out.

You can also use a computer (Windows or Mac) to check the ink levels. If you want to use a Windows computer to check the ink levels, you can visit the following page in the web manual for information:

https://ij.manual.canon/ij/webmanual/PrinterDriver/W/TS3500%20series/1.0/EN/PPG/dg-c_ink.html

If you have a Mac computer, please visit the following page:

https://ij.manual.canon/ij/webmanual/PrinterDriver/M/TS3500%20series/1.0/EN/PPG/dg-c_ink.html

I hope this information helps. Thank you for choosing Canon.

beachdl
Apprentice

No reference in on line manual which is really bad

what are the segment display 1 - 19 and who do you use them

thanks

The segment display is indicated by the letter C below.  It's called that because it uses line segments to form numerals.

2.JPG

According to the manual, the segment display normally shows you the number of copies you're about to make and it can also show you maintenance codes and error codes.  If the segment display is showing you something and you're not sure what it is, let us know what it's showing you and we'll be happy to interpret it for you.

I think there is more to it. I open a different model and each number had a meaning no just number pages to be printed

The information presented here is specific to the PIXMA TS3522.  Let us know what that display is showing you and we'll tell you what it means.

Announcements