cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to print in black ink only on the MG7720 Pixma

Jim14
Apprentice

I would greatly appreciate any advice on how to print in black ink only.  I no longer need color, so I don't want to purchase colored ink.  This printer has six cartridges, which is way too expensive.  Two of those cartridges are black:  BK and PGBK.  The BK has plenty of ink, but all other cartridges are empty.  I'd like to know if buying a PGBK will solve the problem.  Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

normadel
Authority
Authority

The PGBK, or Pigment Black, is what you want to have for non-color printing. If that tank is empty you won't get satisfactory blacks in your printing. If you just let the colors (dye inks) and dye BK run out, and leave the empty tanks in the printer, you should be able to keep printing black stuff.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

There is no option with this model printer to use the black ink only. You can try holding down the stop button to see if that will override the low ink warning.

Some of Canon's two ink model printers can be set to black ink only and then there is the option of laser printers. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you, ArthurJ.  I appreciate your response.

It looks like normadel's solution worked on this printer.  I now only have to buy the PGBK cartridge, and that allows me to print with black ink only.

normadel
Authority
Authority

The PGBK, or Pigment Black, is what you want to have for non-color printing. If that tank is empty you won't get satisfactory blacks in your printing. If you just let the colors (dye inks) and dye BK run out, and leave the empty tanks in the printer, you should be able to keep printing black stuff.

Jim14
Apprentice

Thank you.  This seems to work well.

Announcements