cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MX492 black ink cartridge refilled but not printing

LordVolvo
Apprentice

Hello, and please help!  I refilled the PG-245 ink cartridge for my Pixma MX492 printer but it won't print from it. I'm assuming this is because the printer thinks the cartridge is empty and has shut it off.  I tried several methods to reset the printer so it will print from it but nothing has worked.

I'm assuming the ink cartridge is a genuine Canon PG-245 since it cae with the printer when I bought it new.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

jimsimm
Apprentice

Open the cartridge door and hold down the power button. Unplug the printer, plug it in after a few seconds while still holding down the power button. Close the cartridge door and release the power button. The ink cartridge is now reset and your black ink should now work.

MZEICH
Apprentice

Hi,

I have a similar problem. I ran out of black ink and replaced it with the same one it had (245 black), and once it was set up in there my printer would not print in color or black, even though color was never replaced. I used some troubleshooting and was able to get the color to work again, although when I turn it on the yellow light is on for both black and color. I tried the recommendation above and this did not change anything. 

Announcements