cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Adjust the print border on MX922

nicholsrobin
Contributor

I have two printers, A Kodak and A Canon. The MX922 print border cuts off my work on all sides and will not print borderless. Is there a way to adjust the print area to prevent the cut off that does not occur with the Kodak or HP printers I have access to remotely.

This issue also occurs when I am printing pictures with the MX922.

Where might the adjustments be located?

Is a solution availble?

I must remember to remain patient. I must remember to remain patient. I must remember to remain patient. I must remember to remain patient. I must remember to remain patient. I must remember to remain patient. I must remember to remain patient. I must remember to remain patient. I must remember to remain patient. I must remember to remain patient. I must remember to remain patient. 

6 REPLIES 6

Danny

Hi, nicholsrobin!

Thanks for posting on our forum! This community is designed for your fellow Canon owners to help each other out with any problems they may encounter. If this is a time-sensitive matter, contacting our US-based technical support team is the most efficient way to get these issues straightened out. They're standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/ContactCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks and have a great day!

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi nicholsrobin,

What operating system is installed on your computer?

What program are you using to print your images with?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

OSX.XI.III (10.11.3 (15D21)

Software: Adobe Creative Cloud 11.1.0.122; Microsoft Office 14.6.1

FYI: I do not have any border issues with the Kodak All-In-One nor HP Office printers (wide varity).

Is this not an issue with anyone who needs borderless  or borders that are 1p to 2p. Physics is such a fun science!

Hi nicholsrobin,

Borderless printing is not supported for plain paper or high-resolution paper.  I recommend changing the paper type to matte photo paper for better results.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Apparently, Gentleperson, I must have missed an important section of information prior to the purchase.

The type of paper does not solve the border issue.

Would it be reasonable to believe that the design of the MX922 printer, along with the software, prevents any adjustment of the borders?

Would there be any Canon Printer that would have the ability to adjust the borders?

Robin Nichols, MS

Hi Robin,
I see it's been a couple of years since anyone has answered you. I had the same problem. I run a Mac OS 10.14 Mojave. I use PS CC 2019 to print. I am able to open the borderless option by going to Print, Printer settings, paper size, letter, us letter borderless. Then I click paper quality/media and pick the paper type I want: I print on plain paper/photo paper/ etc. I purchase my photo paper through Red River, and follow their suggestions for the photo paper I buy there, after picking printer options (on their site, finding the right settings for my Canon MX922 and their paper). When I am in PSCC 2019, I have to pay close attention to the changes I make, and make sure I change my settings to a preset. Have printed on 8.5 x 11 metallic pearl Photo paper and have done so borderless with using my canon. If you have more questions let me know. Fellow journeyer, Dede
Announcements