02-14-2015 08:30 AM
02-19-2015 05:07 AM
There is a program that comes with the printer called the IJ Scan Utility that can assist you with scanning. To scan using the IJ Scan Utility, please follow these steps:
1. Place the documents or photos you will be scanning on the platen glass of the printer.
2. Start IJ Scan Utility.
Start IJ Scan Utility by going to your Start menu, then selecting All Programs, then Canon Utilities, then IJ Scan Utility (folder), then IJ Scan Utility (program).
Start IJ Scan Utility by going to the Go menu of Finder, selecting Applications, then double-clicking the Canon Utilities folder, IJ Scan Utility folder, then Canon IJ Scan Utility icon to start IJ Scan Utility.
3. In the Canon IJ Scan Utility window that opens, click SETTINGS.... in the bottom right of the window. The Settings dialog box appears.
4. Click the PHOTO SCAN or DOCUMENT SCAN option on the left pane of the window depending on what you are trying to scan, then set the item size, resolution, etc. as required.
5. In the SAVE SETTINGS section of the window, you will select the save format and location of the document you are about to scan.
a.) In the FILE NAME field, specify the name you would like to give the file. By default the filename will begin with IMG; you can remove IMG and change it to whatever you would like to name the file.
b.) In the DATA FORMAT field, use the drop-down arrow to select the option that is relevant to the type of document you want to scan.
c.) In the SAVE IN field, please navigate to the area where you would like the file to be saved once it is scanned in. By default, the file will be saved in the DOCUMENTS or MY DOCUMENTS folder.
6. Once all settings have been selected, click the OK button at the bottom window. The IJ Scan Utility main screen appears.
7. Click the PHOTO or DOCUMENT button, depending on what you are trying to scan. Scanning starts. Click the CANCEL button to cancel scanning if needed. Scanned images are saved in previously selected folder location specified in the SETTINGS... window.
Once the items above are set for document or photo scanning, in the future, you will only need to launch the IJ Scan Utility, then press either the DOCUMENT or PHOTO button to perform the scan (unless you want to make changes to the settings).
Hope this helps!
This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us using one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.
05/31/2023: New firmware updates are available.
EOS R6 Mark II - Version 1.1.2
05/18/2023: New firmware updates are available.
EOS Rebel T100 - Version 1.1.0
EOS 5D Mark IV - Version 1.4.0
EOS 6D Mark II - Version 1.2.0
PowerShot Elph 360HS - Version 220.127.116.11
PowerShot SX420 IS - Version 18.104.22.168
PowerShot 620 HS - Version 22.214.171.124
PowerShot SX720 HS - Version 126.96.36.199
PowerShot G1X Mark III - Version 188.8.131.52
PowerShot G7X Mark II - Version 184.108.40.206
PowerShot G9X Mark II - Version 220.127.116.11
04/20/2023: New firmware version 1.4.1 is available for EOS R3
03/30/2023: New firmware updates are available.
EOS 1DX Mark III- Version 1.7.1
Speedlite EL-1 - Version 1.0.2
03/30/2023: Product Advisory for EF50 F1.2 L USM
03/30/2023: Product Advisory for EOS R10
2/07/2023: New product announcements!EOS R8 EOS R50RF-S55-210mm F5-7.1 IS STMRF24-50mm F4.5-6.3 IS STMRF15-30mm F4.5-6.3 IS STM
Canon U.S.A Inc. All Rights Reserved. Reproduction in whole or part without permission is prohibited.