cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I print onto 4x6 cards (2-sided) with PIXMA MX920?

supaheckafresh
Apprentice

I'm trying to print 2-sided 4"x6" flash cards. The printer keeps saying that paper isn't loaded, even though I've placed a stack of the cards in the upper cassette (I've tried loading various amounts of the paper to see if this makes any difference). I've also tried deselecting the duplex option, just to see if this was causing a problem. As far as I can tell my printer optoins are set appropriately. I don't see what I could be doing wrong... this is very frustrating. 

7 REPLIES 7

MarkII
Rising Star

Hi supaheckafresh,

You are using a very unique setup for this print job.  To print on both sides of a 4x6 card, I recommend printing the first side using standard settings, waiting for the ink to dry and then reloading the paper and printing on the reverse side.  With this size paper, using automatic duplexing can cause the unit to jam.  

Depending on your application and settings, the paper may be pulled from the upper or lower cassette.  Check your quality settings as well as paper type and size.  Typically, the size of the paper will determine which cassette it is pulled from.  A good hint is to view the LCD screen.  If the printer is expecting paper to be loaded in the upper cassette, for example, it will read "Load paper in upper cassette".

If you have any other questions, please feel free to Contact Us!

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

new twist on same problem.  printer thinks it is printing on 8 1/2 x 11 paper.  set printer paper size to 4x6.  tried setting the custom feature to 4x6.  what setting am i missing.

Printer will feed and print on 4x6 stock, but the image is aligned with 8 1/2 x x11 paper.  i've gotta be missing a setting.

What are you printing from? A computer (Windows or Mac) or mobile device (iOS or Android)?

printing from windows 7 laptop computer

What program? (like Microsoft Word etc...)

Acrobat PageMaker 7

Does it do the same thing from other programs? Open up a text editor like Wordpad/Notepad and try it from there. If it works it may be an issue with the software you are using.
Announcements