cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Horizontal Lines at Top of Photo -- MG7720

dstone001
Apprentice

I've got an MG7720 printer.  A little more than a year old.

For a while now, the printer prints photos with subtle horizontal lines -- but only across the top inch or so of the photo.  The rest is ok.  There is no problem printing plain black & white on regular paper.  

I'm using genuine canon ink cartridges and canon photo paper.  the print nozzle test comes out perfect.  I did a nozzle cleaning, and it didn't change anything.  

Any thoughts?

2 REPLIES 2

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Make sure that the correct media type is being selected before printing.  If the wrong media type is selected, banding may occur on printouts.

If you continue to have difficulties, additional troubleshooting will have to be done to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I am having this same problem all of a sudden after only a couple months of light printing. Gradations have noticable banding even though I have cleaned the nozels and am using the correct paper.  Printer is a new Pixma IP8720

Announcements