cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gap in printing barcodes [pic] MX922

jimgale
Apprentice

Just got this MX922 a few months ago. In printing barcodes (color or b/w), there are large gaps (always). These gaps appear in other images now and then, but this barcode (shipping label) seems consistent. The placement of the gap varies a bit. Sometimes one from the left AND one from the right (smaller). Other times, only from the left - at slightly different positions (i.e. 1-2 mm up or down).

Here's an example. How do I solve this??

badbarcode.jpg

6 REPLIES 6

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi jimgale,

Since this issues is happening with bar codes and sometimes other images, I recommend performing a print head alignment. Please click HERE for the steps on aligning the print head.

Once the print head is aligned, please try to print another shipping label. Is there still a gap?

We look forward to your reply.

I've tried /everything/ - every cleaning option, every method. This has been failing since within the first month I bought it and I cannot determine what is causing it. Please help. All the diagnostics show clean heads, the manual alignment is exact, etc.

IMG_20190310_113208 - Copy.jpg

Hi jimgale,

I recommend speaking with our support group to narrow down the cause of your issues. Please contact our support group at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST(excluding holidays). 

We look forward to hearing from you.

What are the 'real' hours of tech support? Calling near 7:30 PM EST results in at least 40 minutes on hold with music waiting for anyone to answer. I expect they won't today either.

Trying again - the voice support prompts are failing. Is there a direct number I can call??

Hi, Jimgale! If our voice-recognition system isn't quite understanding you, just hit 0 (zero) on your touchtone phone. That will allow you to bypass the voice prompts and you'll be immediately transferred to one of our call directors, an actual human being who can route you to the correct department for your product.

We look forward to working with you!

Announcements