cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G7020 IJ Scan Utility LIte not recognizing printer

cnymike
Apprentice

I just reinstalled for the third time the Canon IJ Scan Utility LIte for my G7020 printer. The printer works find and has always worked fine. I can scan using only the System Preferences Scan function but cannot get the actual Canon Scan Utility app to work. Previously I had a G4210 printer installed and replaced that printer with the G7020. I removed the G4210 from the System Preferences printer box, but when I launch the Scan Utility, it sill shows the G4210 and not the G7020. It searches for scanners and eventually says it cannot communicate with the scanner.

How do I get rid of all traces of the previous printer?

What steps do I take to get this dang IJ Scan Utility to recognize my printer and work?

Very frustrating.

1 REPLY 1

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Removing a printing from System Preferences > Printer and Scanner dialog does not remove the device's software and settings in the majority of cases.

You'd want to uninstall and remove all drivers and software in addition to the device.  Then restart.

Leaving the software behind, leaves remnants.  which your new printer is now contending with. 

You'll need to remove everything now, device, and all software, also any orphaned directories or folders which reference or contain information about the old and/or new device which could have become co-mingled.  Then perform a fresh install of the new Mega-Tank using its specific software.   

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/megatank-inkjet-printers/...

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements