I am running Catalina 10.15.2 on my Mac and am having difficulties changing the print quality slider from NORMAL to DRAFT. Here are the steps I'm taking to attempt this:
1. in Safari I click PRINT from the FILE dropdown.
2. In the print window that opens there is a dropdown about half way down the window that says SAFARI. I dropdown to set this to MEDIA & QUALITY.
3. I check the BLACK & WHITE box (this is a setting I'd like to permantly change to BW as a default).
4. I uncheck the PRINT DOUBLE SIDE box (this is a setting I'd like to print sigle side as the default).
5. The quality slider bar has three settings: DRAFT, NORMAL, and BEST. I can slide to BEST but when I slide to DRAFT the pointer goes back to NORMAL when I let off the mouse. I'd like to make the default DRAFT.
This is VERY frustrating and I don't know if this is an Apple problem or Canon. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
I cannot confirm the issue, but with an HP Envy 5660, macOS 10.15.3 and using the Safari set to print in the mode you describe, I can choose all three quality options (choosing Draft doesn't snap-back to normal).
Take a look at this driver document from Canon. It states that print quality will differ based on what print settings you make:
Just some guesses here... what paper type are you using? Have you tried printing from other applications?
I'm also using a slightly newer OS and most likely Safari version as well. Apple could have changed things.
Hi, TigerJon73 and re-eos.
The print options will differe depending on if you're using the Canon-produced CUPS Printer drivers or the Apple-produced Bonjour/Airprint drivers. If you're seeing a quality slider under Quality & Media (or Media & Quality), then you're using the Airprint drivers.
Try downloading and running the CUPS Printer Driver installation from the TS9020 Drivers & Downloads page. Next, open the System Preferences >> Printers & Scanners list. Remove the current Canon TS9000 series entry, then click the [ + ] at the bottom of the list. If you get a single-column menu, select Add New Printer or Scanner to open the Add window. In the Add Window, select the "Canon TS9000 series Printer" in the upper half of the screen. When the information populates below the printer, ensure the Use Driver drop-down is set to Canon TS9000 series. This will ensure it's registered using the Canon-produced drivers, which will more closely match the examples in our online manual.
Information on setting and saving presets may be found at the following article in the TS9000 series Online Manual:
07/31/2023: New firmware updates are available.
05/31/2023: New firmware updates are available.
05/18/2023: New firmware updates are available.
04/20/2023: New firmware version 1.4.1 is available for EOS R3
03/30/2023: New firmware updates are available.
2/07/2023: New product announcements!EOS R8 EOS R50RF-S55-210mm F5-7.1 IS STMRF24-50mm F4.5-6.3 IS STMRF15-30mm F4.5-6.3 IS STM