cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy with PIXMA TS8350 all-in-one and get the image into a smartphone?

whynot
Contributor

Pixma TS8350 all-in-one, Android 12 phone (Motorola Edge 20 Lite).

I have a paper document to copy, and want to send it electronically rather than in the post.  Is it possible to scan a copy with an all-in-one printer and get the image into a smartphone?  (I don't know if this would be a function of the printer itself, the phone and its apps, or both).

Though the phone has a decent camera, I can't get a photo of an A4 sheet that's sharp all over, or keeps the background white (both of which are important in this case).

I don't have the time to find out by downloading and trying the Canon phone apps.  I had enough of that with my previous Pixma, found the Canon phone apps increasingly dysfunctional, and now use Hammer Print (and sometimes Mopria Print).

This printer prints well, and has touchscreen controls with menus.  But despite running my own computer etc since the 1980s, I can't make head or tail of its menus, or how to find a particular setting.  They seem all over the place logically, and some of the words used usually mean something else.M

Maybe it's from trying to use 'friendlier' words, but I think most people are capable of looking up a word, and (as I know from getting my head round comms), using imprecise language can send those new to the subject sliding back down the learning curve.  After 9 months with this printer I still don't know if I've found all its settings.  (It's as if it wasn't tested by an end user before release).

I've searched in this forum and outside it with no relevant results (maybe it's just a hard job for a few keywords).  So hopefully someone here knows the answer, one way or the other!

2 REPLIES 2

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Canon PRINT Inkjet/SELPHY - Apps on Google Play

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thank you!  You've saved me a lot of time.

Judging from my previous battles with Canon phone apps though, it wouldn't save enough time to help in this case, as I want to send the image today.  (For me, experiments with Canon phone apps are for days with plenty of leisure!).  This time, I'll use the laptop - it just wasn't convenient to last night  (and is also fairly new and unfamiliar, especially with jumping straight from Vista to Windows 10).  I do have Canon's software in that (their non mobile applications have always worked for me so far).

What I was really hoping is that something in the printer itself would enable saving a scanned copy to a phone.  Especially as its other functions have worked with no problem from my phone without  any Canon apps (as with my previous setup, another Canon/Motorola combo) - it's just the first time I've needed to try this particular function from a phone.

So any experience in that direction would be really appreciated!  (Not necessarily with the exact same printer).

Announcements