cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Continued issues with installing software for Canon MB2320

WisCowboy
Apprentice

Greetings everyone,

I am quite frustrated at my PC for not being able to load the software to run my printer. I have had this printer now for 6 years and never had a problem with it.

About 2 years ago, my HD died. I had to go out and buy a new HD and it was a good time to finally switch to a SSD. I'm running Windows 10 64x and I have had nothing but headaches trying to get the printer to run right again. I don't remember how I did it, but after a few tries, I was able to get Windows to recognize the printer where I can actually print out documents. So, I can hit "print" and my letters come out.

My problem however is that not once in dozens of tries can I get the software to load. So, I am losing out on being able to scan documents and save them to my PC along with other things I can do with the software. So, first and foremost, I do have all of the up-to-date drivers and programs saved from the Support/Download page. The problem occurs at "Step 3: Printer Connection, Setup".

Even though my printer is connected by a USB cable and the printer is turned on, it said the do the previous steps. So, I turn off the printer and turn it back on and then the message reads, "The printer is detected. Please wait until the installation is complete". Then as I continue to wait for awhile, I then get a message, "! The printer is not detected. Check the connection". I then play the stupid game of either unplugging the USB cable and plugging it back in or turning off the power button and turning it back on to continue to repeat the above steps over again multiple times until I hit "cancel" and I am taken back to Step 1.

This has driven me crazy over the years and I am getting quite frustrated at the whole ordeal. I like this printer and there is nothing wrong with it as far as I can tell. The previous time it worked I was using Windows 8 and upgraded to 10 and nothing bad seemed to happen. I have turned off firewalls and everything else to try to load the software and nothing seems to work. I would really hate to replace this printer since I like it so much but since it "only" lasted 4 years, I won't buy a Canon again in the future.

0 REPLIES 0
Announcements