cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ImageClass mf455dw scanner software not installed error message

tomsheriff44
Apprentice

Using windows 10.

I installed the new firm ware (02.09.24) for the mf455dw following that the scan utility will not open but pops up with the following message:  "A scanner driver supporting this software is not installed."  I have installed the PS3 & PCL6 printer drivers released on 03.29.24 as well as the scan utility 1.21.0.2.  I continue to receive the above mentioned pop up error message.  Has anyone experienced this issue and found the appropriate scan driver to install?

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings Tom,

Lets get a few questions answered please.

The current FW for the device is v04.01, please confirm this is what you have loaded.  You can do this from the printers LCD panel.  Swipe all the way to the right.  You'll see the FW Utility.  It will tell you what FW version the machine is on.  😀

How is the printer connected and to what device?  Ethernet/Wireless to router or USB directly to your windows 10 PC?

Do you have any 3rd party Anti-Virus installed besides what comes with windows (Windows Security)

shadowsports_0-1715726776703.png

You only need the 2 drivers below.  

[Windows 64bit] MF455dw MFDrivers (Generic Plus UFR II / Generic Plus PCL6 / Generic Plus PS3 / Generic FAX / ScanGear)

https://pdisp01.c-wss.com/gdl/WWUFORedirectTarget.do?id=MDEwMDAxMTIxNzAx&cmp=ABR&lang=EN

&

[Windows 32bit & 64bit] MF Scan Utility Ver.1.21.0.2

https://pdisp01.c-wss.com/gdl/WWUFORedirectTarget.do?id=MDIwMDAwNjg2NTAz&cmp=ABR&lang=EN

Do not install anything until you've replied please.  I will provide next steps.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

tomsheriff44
Apprentice

The FW utility reports that the FW is the latest version.  The printer is connected via Ethernet.  I disable the firewall when I install new device drivers.  I have the original installation CD and I believe if I reinstalled using it, that may solve the issue.   

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

The MF Drivers Utility installer will prompt to make changes to the windows firewall when it's run.  If you disable it and then re-enable it after install the changes will not be made and device communication could fail.  

I would not use the CD that came with the printer to install it.  The drivers it contains will be old and outdated.  The scanner requires the newer v1.21.0.2 which is 10 months newer than what's probably on the CD (depending on its age).  

Given your issues, I would remove the printer from Printer and Scanners under Control Panel.  Then uninstall any drivers.  Following this I'd restart the system, then re-enable windows firewall.  

Now run the first download I linked above and allow it to make changes to the FW when prompted.  When finished, run the MF Scan Utility (second link). Then retest.  

You never confirmed if you had 3rd party AV installed, so I'm assuming not. 😀

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements