cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Color Correction on a TS8320

harkawy
Apprentice

I write and sell computer software for the Security Industry.  When I print photographs on my TS8320 printer, the printed images match what I see on my screen.  When I use Canon's Image Garden software to print labels on my CD/DVDs the image on the monitor does NOT print properly on the disks.

The background is supposed to be yellow but the image printed is orange.  I would like to be able to reduce the magenta so the background is yellow.  Is there any way to manipulate the colors within either the printer's settings or within the Image Garden software?

The image on the left is what it should look like.  The image on the right is how it is printed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

FM.jpgScan.jpg

5 REPLIES 5

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi harkawy,

I can assist you with this issue, but would need a little more information:

What version of Windows are you using?
If using a Mac, what version of OSX is installed?

Are you using your PIXMA TS8320 with a USB cable?
Or are you using your PIXMA TS8320 wirelessly?

Please note, Canon's Forum is not intended for immediate help, but a place to allow for the Community to give you assistance and feedback. For a quicker response, please use the link below to reach our Technical Support Team:

https://mycanon.usa.canon.com

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Patrick, The computer that I use is running Windows 8.1.  The connection is via USB.

I recognize that answers within forums can take time and so I appreciate any assistance that is offered.

Patrick,

For the heck of it, I downloaded the most current drivers for the printer and installed them.  I then downloaded and installed the Canon Easy-PhotoPrint Editor and installed it.  After spending about two hours recreating a disk label, I printed a disk only to be disappointed once more.  The image's background on the computer is yellow, but the printed image is orange; not quite as orange as the ones from Image Garden but still orange, and YES!  I am using Canon original ink.

Hi,

Based on the steps you have already taken, I recommend reaching out to Canon support for real time support with this issue. You will need to register your Canon gear HERE to access additional support options.

We look forward to hearing from you. 

I registered my printer the day I received it, which was early last year.  So after logging in, I proceeded to search for color management.  The link took me to a page that explained how to adjust colors from the printer's advanced settings.  UNFORTUNATELY, neither the Canon Easy-PhotoPrint Editor nor the Canon My-Image-Garden programs will permit color adjustments as the 'Preferences (or Properties)' option is not displayed.  When I print a color photograph using any program other than the two mentioned above, I don't need to adjust the colors, the colors look normal so I don't need the Preferences option which they offer.  I purchased this printer because it prints on CD/DVD's.  Unfortunately, there is zero color adjustment capabilities with the Canon Software.

Announcements