cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon pixma pro 100s is printing too bright.

Rain12
Apprentice

  

IMG_8599.jpeg

My printer was working fine but all of a sudden it started printing my pictures really bright like someone turned the brightness up on a screen. The black is also coming out slightly green

I’ve tried to manually change the intensity but it only helps it a little bit.

Ive done a nozzle check and the colours are bright. GY doesn’t even show.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ryan1969
Apprentice

@Rain12ADPVantage wrote:

  

IMG_8599.jpeg

My printer was working fine but all of a sudden it started printing my pictures really bright like someone turned the brightness up on a screen. The black is also coming out slightly green

Hello,

I can see your post and I give you some ways to find your solution please see below and follow the information.

It sounds like your printer is experiencing a color balance or ink cartridge issue. Here’s what you can do to troubleshoot the problem:

• Ensure that all ink cartridges have sufficient ink and that none are running low, especially the magenta cartridge, as its low level can affect color output.
  • Verify that the correct paper type is selected in your printer settings. Incorrect paper settings can affect print quality.
  • Perform a cleaning cycle on your printer’s cartridges. This can often resolve issues with print quality.
  • Print an alignment page to ensure that the printer is properly aligned.
  • Ensure that your printer drivers are up to date. Outdated drivers can cause various issues, including color misrepresentation.
  • Since the GY color is not showing, the nozzles for that particular color may be clogged. A deep cleaning cycle may be necessary.

If these steps don’t resolve the issue, it may be a hardware problem, If you want more info please tell me I am happy to help you.

Best Regard,
ryan1969

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

ryan1969
Apprentice

@Rain12ADPVantage wrote:

  

IMG_8599.jpeg

Hello,

I can see your post and I give you some ways to find your solution please see below and follow the information.

It sounds like your printer is experiencing a color balance or ink cartridge issue. Here’s what you can do to troubleshoot the problem:

• Ensure that all ink cartridges have sufficient ink and that none are running low, especially the magenta cartridge, as its low level can affect color output.
  • Verify that the correct paper type is selected in your printer settings. Incorrect paper settings can affect print quality.
  • Perform a cleaning cycle on your printer’s cartridges. This can often resolve issues with print quality.
  • Print an alignment page to ensure that the printer is properly aligned.
  • Ensure that your printer drivers are up to date. Outdated drivers can cause various issues, including color misrepresentation.
  • Since the GY color is not showing, the nozzles for that particular color may be clogged. A deep cleaning cycle may be necessary.

If these steps don’t resolve the issue, it may be a hardware problem, If you want more info please tell me I am happy to help you.

Best Regard,
ryan1969

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Until you can get a proper nozzle check it is a waste of effort trying to adjust how the printer is outputting.

If three or more deep cleanings don't produce a correct nozzle check you likely have a print head or internal problem.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thank you! After multiple deep cleans and a driver update it started working correctly again.

Glad you got it working. The Pro-100 is a great printer. I have had mine for over 10 years.

Two hints:

1. Don't turn the printer off using the power button. Use the Auto Off/On settings. It will save ink because it won't go through the large startup ink purge.

2. Run a nozzle check every two or three days. It won’t use much ink and it will prevent clogs. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements