cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon TR7520 Test page prints but nothing else

JennaD
Apprentice

All of a sudden, I'm trying to print something and it looks like I'm low on ink.  I checked that, and my ink levels are fine, especially the black ink.  So I printed a test page and it printed just fine; however, printing anything else comes out either blank or very light. I even changed settings to print in black & white, and that comes out streaked.  Not sure what else to do.

8 REPLIES 8

Danny

Thanks for joining the conversation, JennaD!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which Canon printer model you're using. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

It's a TR7520 printer/scanner, etc.

Hi,

Please use there steps HERE to print a nozzle check and then take a picture of it and attach it to your reply. 

We look forward to hearing back from you. 

Hi ArthurJ - I'm having the exact same problem.  Ink levels are fine, test printout is fine, but for some reason our Canon TR8520 no longer prints out from word docs, etc.  So paper will feed through, it makes noise like it's printing, but when you look at the exported paper it is completely blank.  Same happens when you try to Copy/Scan something directly.  attaching Nozzle-Test.jpg Please advise. Thank you.  Nozzle-Test.jpg Link https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tVM8zX8iQUR4codKR_B7HKjZwhKAm6tt/view?usp=sharing

Hi Mooburger,

As you are working with a different printer model, please create a new thread for assistance! 

Ok.  I didn't see a response here from initiator, nor any resolution, so I thought I'd pick up the slack, piggyback and try to find out what's going on...   Also didn't think it was that much diff per model, but I will start a new thread.  TY.

I have the same printer and issue as JennaD. Here is the nozzle test page . If I change settings to black and white, the page prints blank. When I print in color, it’s very light. The first thing I did is check ink levels. I also took the time to shake the ink cartridges. I get the same result whether I print from my phone app or directly from computer. 

IMG_8757.jpeg

Gregtheham
Apprentice

Your ports are probbaly clogged. Depending on what your test printing (nozzel test print ?) It may not be the same as an actual file or photo. It may be ok printing using the text black ink but not using the photo black ink..or vice versa...i bet your ink ports are just clogged or dried out...try this: You need to get some 70% or more isopropynol alcohol (aka rubbing alcohol) .Turn the printer on and open lid. The print carrage should move to centre of opening where you have access to it. You can manually move it with your hand, but only as a last resort. Remove the ink cartridges and youll see exposed round pads that accept the ink on the carrige  . Get lots of alcohol onto them. The best way is to us a syringe, like those used for giving kids liquid meds, or a regular hyp with a removeable needle. Unscrew the needle. Fill syringe with alcohol and place opening tight agaisnt the pads, Inject alcohol into the pads. You may want to slide a folded  peice of paper towel under the whole priint carrage. It can be done but you may need to manually move the carrige. If you dont have a syringe, use a drinking straw with your finger over the end, or an eye dropper, etc..even a soaked q-tip might work..but get them soaking for 10 minutes...FOR the BEST results, after alcohol soak, use a piece of plastic tubing that fits around those pads  (or maybe a bendable drinking straw if no tubing is available) and put one end tight against the round  pad opening and the other in your mouth and BLOW ! I have had just the alcohol soak work, but in most cases the blowing method was also requires to  clear the blocked ink ports!  IT WORKS ! Remove the paper towel , use alcohol to clean up the other inky  areas while your in there..reinstall ink cartridges and give it a try...your colours should be back until they dry up or clog. Years ago,printers would dry out if left pwered on..not sure it that still applies to these typea of print heads...probably just ink type etc. Good Luck es 73s

click here to view the gallery
Announcements