cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon TR 8520 cannot send faxes..But can receive faxes

TNEasley
Apprentice

My TR 8520 can receive faxes but when I attempt to send faxes the receiving fax machine never answers. The receiving fax number rings but it does not answer. I have tried several different fax numbers and they did not answer. I downloaded the latest drivers. The settings are Fax Only Mode, RX and EX set to  ON, TX and RX speed 33600. Dedicated fax line (VIOP).  Any suggestions to correct this issue is appreciated.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

You can try lowering the TX speed but if that does not resolve the issue, I recommend reaching out to Canon support. You will need to register your Canon gear HERE to access additional support options.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks.  I will reduce the speed and see if that helps.. It is registered and I will reach out to Canon support.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Some but not all VOIP lines meet compatibility requirements for FAX.  They don't send the correct tone for FAX capability.  You may want to check with the provider to ensure their service is compatible with analog fax.    

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks. I reached out to AT&T and they stated their service was compatible with my fax..

Thx

Announcements