cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Selphy CP1200 Powers down during print cycle

lwbrcurr
Apprentice

Greetings.  I have already called Canon support about this and received no help whatsoever, so I'm checking with people here to see if they've had the same problem.

I've had the Selphy CP1200 for less than two years, and have only used it about 6 times.  Yesterday, I pulled it out of the drawer to use it, and can't print.

It keeps powering itself down at the exact same spot in the print cycle.  No error messages.  Just turns off.  It receives the print command, feeds a photo sheet, sends it out the back on the first pass, and then turns off at the exact same spot in the cycle.  When I turn the machine back on, it pulls the photo sheet back in, and sends it out the front, as though the print process is complete.  Only nothing has printed, other than a streak of yellow at one end.

I've tried printing from my phone and computer. 

I've tried using both wifi and direct connect. 

I've tried different photos.

I've tried a new ink cartridge, even though I wasn't getting a message that it needed one.

Any advice?  This is not an inexpensive device to only be able to use a half a dozen times before it dies.

Thanks in advance!

4 REPLIES 4

BillS
Mentor

Hi lwbrcurr,

If the printer is spontaneously turning off, I recommend having the unit serviced.

For factory service, please forward your printer to one of the Factory Service Centers shown below.  If it has been less than one year since the printer was purchased, we ask that you also include proof of warranty in the form of a copy of your sales receipt.

When shipping your printer, please be sure to remove the memory card and batteries. You are not required to send any accessories or manuals when shipping the printer.  Be sure to include your name, street address (no P.O. boxes, please), telephone number, email address, and a letter describing the issue with the product.

Alternately, you may fill out an online repair request form at the following link to setup your repair using our online service.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/service-repair

As we do not provide RMA numbers for service, we suggest using a trackable and insurable service (i.e. UPS, FedEX, Priority Mail) to ship your printer. Please package the printer very securely in a sturdy shipping box to prevent damage during shipment.

Canon USA and The UPS Store have partnered to provide our customers with a convenient repair drop-off solution at any one of the 4,500 UPS retail locations.

With the Canon Shipping Solution program, you receive a 20% discount on the packaging (box, tape, bubble wrap) of your item to be sent in for repair and discounted shipping rates of 5% - 8% (off local retail rates.)*

Simply print the attached PDF here and bring it to your nearest UPS Store retail location.  http://www.theupsstore.com/locations

*Participating Canon Factory Service Centers only (Costa Mesa, CA and Newport News, VA)

Please send your printer to one of the Factory Service Centers below:

Canon Factory Service Center
12022 Canon Boulevard
Newport News, VA 23606

Or:

Canon Factory Service Center
123 Paularino Ave.
Costa Mesa, CA 92626-3311

Upon arrival at the Factory Service Center, your printer will be logged in to our repair database and assigned a repair number. Next, the printer will be visually inspected and you will be advised of the findings. If the required repairs are covered by the warranty, the repairs will begin immediately, and you will not be contacted. When the repairs are complete, the printer will be shipped back to you via Federal Express. The length of time for the repair will be dependent upon the nature of the repair and availability of parts, if needed. Usually, warranted repairs are completed within approximately five to seven business days of the printer's arrival at the Factory Service Center.

All decisions regarding warranty coverage are made by the Factory Service Center at the time of repair. If the repair entails something that is not covered in warranty, a written estimate will be sent to you at the address that you have provided. The repairs to your printer will not begin until you approve this estimate and make payment arrangements. If, after receiving the estimate, you do not wish to have the printer repaired, please inform the Factory Service Center of your decision as soon as possible. If you decline the estimate, the printer will be shipped back to you unrepaired.

Once you have confirmed with your shipper that the camera has been delivered, you are more than welcome to contact us for repair updates. Please include your name, address, and telephone number, as well as the serial number of the printer, in all repair status inquiries.

Please note that our U.S. Factory Service Centers are unable to accept packages from or return equipment to addresses outside the United States.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please contact us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

imorgana
Apprentice

I know this reply is very late and the inquirer probably resolved their issue but hopefully this will help others.  This exact same scenario happened to me with our Canon Selphy CP1300, and all it was was that we hooked up the wrong power adapter to it. When we hooked it up with the power adapter that came with the printer it worked beautifully!

Thanks for adding this reply. 
I had the same issue with my CP1300 and you were right, I have used a different adapter, not the original Canon one. 
You saved my day. 🙂

abc_123
Apprentice

I've tried putting it in but each time it looks like it worked but the printer somehow disconnected. Any advice?

Announcements