I have an issue with my printer. It's a Canon Pixma MG5500 Series. It used to be working fine up until a week or so ago when it started showing an error. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling everything, however it hasn't worked. The issue is that whenever I try to print, an error comes up on my laptop screen saying: Printer Not Responding. At times it has also said Printer is in Error State. Can someone please advise how to get my printer working again? Thanks.
So we can better assist you, please let us know if you have the printer connected wirelessly or via USB cable, as well as what operating system is on your computer (version of Windows or Mac OS X).
If this is a time-sensitive matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.
To try and resolve the issue, we will want to ensure that the printer has proper wireless communication occurring. For proper wireless communication to occur, it is important that network devices are suitably located. Please ensure the following:
1. The printer and the access point are located within the wireless connectivity range with no obstacles between them.
2. The distance between the printer and the access point is not too far. If they are too far apart, please move them closer together.
3. There is no barrier or obstacle between the printer and the access point. In general, connection performance decreases for communications through walls or between different floors. Adjust the locations to avoid such situations.
4. There are no sources of radio interference near the printer and the access point. The wireless connection may use the same frequency band as microwave ovens, wireless phones and other sources of radio interference. Try to keep the printer and the access point away from such sources.
5. Check if the radio channel of the access point is close to that of other access points nearby. If the radio channel of the access point is close to that of other access points nearby, the connection performance may become unstable. Be sure to use a radio channel that does not interfere with other access points.
6. The printer and the access point face each other. Connection performance may depend on the orientations of the wireless devices.
Once these items have been verified, if you still experience difficulty, please call or email us using one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.
Hi to all,
I am experiencing the same problem of getting the error "printer not responding".
I have updated the printer´s drivers, I have the printer face-to-face to the router signal and I am using an HP Laptop with Windows 10.
I tried whatever has been posted in this and other forums, with no luck at all.
I don´t have a cable to connect my computer to the printer and I need to have some work donde today!
Any help would be very much appreciated!
I know this an old thread but I can't get any help for this same problem on a MG4120. My printer suddenly stopped responding I get the error message Printer is in an error state. I use it wirelessly, I have re-installed several times. Printer works fine from another laptop so it must be the connection from my laptop that is the problem. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
I had the same problem that you described. I recently changed my internet router and although the my computer was picking up the printer, the printer couldn't respond. I downloaded new drivers and the old ones where uninstalled, reset it via the cord from the printer to my pc, that's when the printer could see my new router setup. That fixed my problem....hope that will help you too.