cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mg6320 paper jam error

Creede
Apprentice
My mg6320 indicates there is a paper jam, however I have thoroughly inspected it, several times, and there is no paper jamming it. I turned the printer off and restarted, yet I still get the same error. What can I do? Thank you
4 REPLIES 4

Ramona
Authority

Hi Creede,

Since you have already verified that there are no jams or obstructions in the printer, performing a roller cleaning may resolve the issue.  To do this, please turn off the printer, unplug the power cord from the back and leave it out for at least 10 minutes, then plug it back in and turn it back on. Next, please follow the steps located here to perform a roller cleaning.

If you still experience the same issue after performing the roller cleaning at least three times, or if you are unable to perform the roller cleaning due the error, cleaning the timing encoder strip of the printer may resolve the issue. To do this, please follow the steps located here.

Should you continue to experience difficulty, the printer may require servicing; please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I began receiving paper jam messages several days ago. There is absolutely no paper jammed anywhere nor any obstructions. The printer will not allow me to perform any of the suggested steps DUE TO THE 1311 CODE! (Ie roller cleaning, tape cleaning, etc.)

HELP!!!! My 6320 has been perfectly satisfactory (it's less than 2 years old) until this sudden notice.

Hello.

If you continue to have difficulties and no obstructions can be found, contact our support group by using the "Contact Us" link below.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have done this, but it did not solve the problem. New paper jams first time through. I thinkt here is still something inside, but  in this model it is not possible to see all of the paper path. I need instructions how to open it to properly to clear the whole paper path.

Announcements